Welcome To EEE Department
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is the core department in MCET. Initially EEE Course was started with the intake of 60 in the year 2003. The Electical and Electronics Engineering discipline atoday is multi-disciplinary in nature representing a veritable synergy of different technologies ranging from artificial nuetral networks, fuzzy logic, micro controllers and digital processing to core subjects of generation, transmission and distribution of power stations and their control using computer methods and models etc.. The department is fully nequipped with the modern and high rated equipement, Licensed MAT Lab, P-SPICE, ORCad software to make advanced applictions in the field of Electrical Engineering. We are continuously thriving to impart quality education and competitive spirit among the students for academic excellence. The continuously high GATE scores achieved by the students indicate the aspirations of this department.
To excel in Electrical and Electronics Engineering education with focus on research to make professionals with creative minds, innovative ideas and practical skills for the betterment of mankind.
To develop and disseminate among the individuals, the theoretical foundation, practical aspects in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and inculcate a high degree of professional and social ethics for creating successful engineers.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
PEO 1: To provide Graduates with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals and depth and breadth studies in Electrical and Electronics engineering, so as to comprehend, analyse, design, provide solutions for practical issues in engineering.
PEO 2: To strive for Graduates’ achievement and success in the profession or higher studies, which they may pursue.
PEO 3: To inculcate in Graduates professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, the life-long learning needs and an ability to relate engineering issues for a successful professional career.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Students will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, Engineering fundamentals, and Electrical and Electronics Engineering to the solution of complex Engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and Engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex Engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional Engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex Engineering activities with the Engineering Community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi disciplinary environments.
- Life -long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life- long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme-Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Engineering Students will be able to:
PSO1: Apply the knowledge of Power electronics and electric drives for the analysis design and application of innovative, dynamic and challenging industrial environment.
PSO2: Explore the technical knowledge and development of professional methodologies in grid interconnected systems for the implementation of micro grid technology in the area of distributed power system.
PSO3: Understand the technologies like Bio inspired algorithms in collaboration with control system tools for the professional development and gain sufficient competence to solve present problems in the area of intelligent machine control.
Syllabus & Course Structure
Electrical Measurements and Control Lab:
- Electrical Measurements and Control Lab
- Electrical Machines Lab
- Simulation Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Electronic Circuits Lab
- Industrial Drives And Control Lab (IDAC Lab)
The laboratory is designed to make the students perform experiments on measurement and control systems.
The objective of the Measurement Lab is to develop measurement systems for various electrical circuits and systems and to use different transducers for measurement of physical variables. In lab the students get familiarized with calibration of various meters like energy meter and wattmeter, extension of meter ranges etc.
Control Lab introduces students to fundamental control systems theory with emphasis on design and implementation. The lab focus on determining the transfer function of DC machines, study of compensating networks and analysis of first and second order systems.
Electrical Machines Lab
The Electrical Machines lab is known for its state of art facilities. The lab houses a collection of AC & DC machines manufactured by Kirloskar, Crompton, GVD etc., The lab lays a foundation for the study of electrical machines, their characteristics, applications and testing of such equipment. The service of this lab facility is also extended to the Departments of Electronics and Communication and Mechanical Engineering. The lab is also best suited for fundamental and advanced research activities.
The Lab is equipped with 36 Computers for conducting the simulation studies in multifaceted domains Like Control System, Power Electronics, Signals and Systems and Power System using various software's like Matlab, PSIM, Auto Cad, MPLAB. This Lab facility is also used for Computer programming in C , C++. Simulation Lab facility is used for organizing workshop Lab sessions, short term courses like IoT , Robotics etc.
Power Electronics Lab:
Power Electronics lab provides fundamental facilities for the students to get an overview of different types of power semiconductor devices. This lab gives a platform for the students to study the operation and characteristics of various types of power electronic converters. PG and UG Students can make use of this facility for doing their Power electronics lab. The service of this lab facility is also extended to the department of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation, department of Electronics and Communication and department of Mechanical Engineering.
Electronic Circuits Lab:
The Electronic Circuits lab provides fundamental facilities for the students to design and develop various electronic circuits using discrete components and OPAMPs. Students can make use of this facility for doing their circuit’s lab, digital lab and mini project works.
Industrial Drives And Control Lab (IDAC Lab):
The Industrial Drives and Control lab provides fundamental facilities for the students to gain knowledge regarding the working and performance of various drives. This facility is also proposed to be used as a Research Laboratory for cutting edge research on electric drives for faculty and PG students. The laboratory is equipped with the latest electric drives and related equipment from reputed firms like Rockwell Automation –USA, Texas Instruments- USA, Ingenia Motion Control -Spain and Ark Motion Controls, Cochin.